5 Best Cheap Hotels in Asheville
I continue my series “Friday 5 at 5″ by discussing the best budget hotels in Asheville. If you’re familiar with the area, then you know it can be difficult to find good budget hotels in Asheville. Hotels in the area usually consist of a couple upscale resorts or cheap highway hotels. Yet Asheville still features many budget options that can accommodate a business trip or even a family vacation. All of the accommodations below are less than $100 and include the Black Mountain and Hendersonville area.
- Baymont Inn & Suites Asheville/Biltmore. Though it would probably never make your list of the best hotels in Asheville, this hotel offers a pleasant lodging experience. Asheville is no stranger to budget hotels, but this one offers a good balance of a good location and convenient amenities. Not every budget hotel offers an indoor jacuzzi and swimming pool.
- Doubletree Hotel Biltmore/Asheville. A Hilton hotel on a budget hotel list for Asheville? Yes it does exist. Though nothing striking from the outside, this Asheville hotel offers amenities and services that other budget hotels do not, such as a full-service restaurant and room service. Unlike some Asheville budget hotels, it caters to both leisure and business travelers.
- Holiday Inn Asheville/Biltmore East. What many may call the poster child of cheap, highway hotels, you can usually find at least one average Holiday Inn hotel in each city, including Asheville. The hotel is nothing extraordinary, but it does offer amenities that a family will love, including an outdoor pool, convenience store and a complimentary hot breakfast.
- Brookstone Lodge. This Asheville budget hotel is new, which usually is a good sign for cheap hotels. The Asheville location is more suited to leisure travelers and families, as it offers multiple services for children. Activities available at the Brookstone Lodge in Asheville include laundry service, a heated indoor pool and hot tub and gift shop. The rooms are nice, more comparable to a mountain lodge than a budget hotel.
- Hampton Inn & Suites I-26. This Asheville budget hotel is definitely what you would call a cheap, highway hotel. Hampton Inn, which would be considered the budget brand of Hilton, is not always known for their outward appearance, but has made a name for itself for their spacious rooms and comfortable Serta beds, which they actually sell. This budget hotel in Asheville is probably best suited for business travelers who need something comfortable, but without the bells and whistles.