Five Best Greenville, South Carolina Pizza Restaurants
Today I’m starting something new on Carolina Nomad. Each Friday I’ll be posting what I’ll be calling Friday 5 at 5. This is just a list of 5 of the best of a city, which I will try my best to post around 5 pm on Fridays. It may be the best hotels in Columbia or the best museums in Charleston. This week I’m writing about the five best Greenville, South Carolina pizza restaurants. Below I’ve compiled a list in no particular order, which represents my take on the best pizza restaurants in Greenville.
- Pizza City New York City. Now this first restaurant may be debateable among locals as the best pizza restaurant in Greenville, but many people from the north swear by it with its big New York style slices. Don’t expect much as far as an ambiance from this pizza joint. The Greenville pizza restaurant is small with limited seating, which is the same as you’ll find at most pizza restaurants in New York City.
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza. This one might take the cake as what I think is the best pizza restaurant in Greenvile, South Carolina. I love Brixx because of the different, unique styles of pizza you can choose from. A couple of their personal pizzas include the Bronx Bomber, which is topped with meat, and the Chicken Florentine, which includes bacon, feta cheese and fresh spinach. This Greenville pizza restaurant is also well-known for their extensive beer menu.
- Mellow Mushroom. I almost left this Greenville pizza restaurant off the list because of it being a large chain that is found in many cities in the southeast, however, they make a pizza that competes with any on this list. Although you may be paying a little more than you would like for their pizza, you can choose from many fresh ingredients that you probably won’t find elsewhere, like BBQ tofu, steak and jerk chicken.
- Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria. Barley’s Taproom and Pizza restaurant in Greenville, South Carolina doesn’t have what I would call just an extraordinary tomato-based pizza. However, they feature a white pizza with ricotta, mozzarella and garlic that is second to none. It helps that the restaurant offers great entertainment that includes an upstairs billards room and one of the largest selections of beer I’ve ever seen.
- Milanos Pizzeria and Restaurant. The last choice for the best pizza restaurant in Greenville was a toss up. A few months ago I would’ve chosen Tony’s Pizza and Subs, but as the restaurant has added stores, I believe their quality has gone down. Milanos is actually more well-known for their greek menu that offers hearty portions, but they offer one of the best pizzas in Greenville. Located actually in Simpsonville, the pizza slices at Milanos are New York style. Once again, you’re paying a little more for the pizza, but in this case, I believe it’s worth it.