5 Best Kid-Friendly Activities in Columbia
This Friday we’re back in South Carolina, exploring the best kid-friendly activities in Columbia. Finding kid-friendly attractions can often be the most challenging part of planning a trip. Just as challenging is finding attractions that aren’t only entertaining for your children, but for yourself as well. Below I’ve listed the five best Columbia kid-friendly activities.
- Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens. Should I really have to tell you that the zoo in Columbia should be at the top of your kid-friendly activity list? The Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia is one of the most popular attractions, not only in Columbia, but in all of South Carolina. Your kids will be amazed by over 2,000 animals and many hands-on activities.
- Edventure Children’s Museum. Columbia joins a slew of other cities, including Greenville, which now have a children’s museum. If it’s not the best children’s attraction in Columbia, then it’s definitely a close second. Children can play instruments, explore the great outdoors and even play in the snow at the Columbia Edventure Children’s Museum.
- Frankie’s Fun Park. Although this Columbia amusement park can be found in many other cities, this is a good back-up plan, especially on a rainy day. When it’s pleasant, visitors can hit the batting cage or take a spin on one of their go-kart racing tracks. During the winter and on rainy days, there are still plenty of activities for children inside, including a laser tag, arcade games and Frankie’s Fun House.
- Columbia Marionette Theatre. If you’re planning a visit well in advance, put the Columbia Marionette Theatre on your list of best kid-friendly attractions in Columbia. The theater plays a variety of different shows and even hosts birthday parties for children. Best of all, it’s very cheap.
- Sesquicentennial State Park. The four Columbia children’s activities above are hands down the best kid-friendly attractions in Columbia. Choosing the Sesquicentennial State Park was a little bit more of a stretch since parks can often be a bore for children. If your child does like parks, this Columbia park includes boating, fishing, many hiking and biking trails and various programs that are held throughout the year.